I think it mostly has to do with the religious zealots being much more litigious and subsequently sympathetic in court rooms. The cops are more likely to be found in the legal right if they were beating up “some hippy protesting rich people.” so that hesitation isn’t as present.
Also because the people OP mentioned usually tend to be
^seriously. and WASP-like.
bring it on.
Henry Rollins (via korenomnomnom)
Ah Henry Rollins yes reinforce my suspicions that maybe I have feelings
- My child: [whilst listening to NPR this morning] Mommy, am I going to have to get that shot?
- Me: For HPV? Absolutely, when you're 11.
- My child: [looking fearful] But...they are saying on the radio it's dangerous.
- Me: This is because of people lying. Remember when I told you what misogyny is, how there are people who hate and undermine women?
- My child: Yeah.
- Me: That shot could save your life when you're older. You need to get it when you're young so it's there when you need it, that's how it works. But some people fear women and hate women. They're the ones responsible for having these things said. Even though they want us to be afraid, we have to be brave and not afraid. Okay?
- My child: Okay. That's horrible. Why would they do that?
- Me: I don't know.
E.M. Forster (via bookshavepores)
maybe this is why i only read romance novels anymore. I should start reading autobiographies.